This knot is used for splicing a spey line for loop to loop tips or customizing the rear of a scandi head or front of a skagit amongst other uses. It is also used a lot on shooting heads of all kinds.
- The loop is made out of 50 lb braided mono.
- Splice it back into itself and then braided handcuff over the end of the fly line, sink tip, etc.
- Then do 2-3 nail knots with 10-12 lb maxima or floro.
- Then trim flush the braided mono ends.
- A thin bit of glue to cover the knots and the spot where the fly line terminates within the loop. Note: You do not want to glue over the rest as it needs to have the handcuff effect.
Illustrations by Greg Pearson