I have spent my fair share of time on the water and I know there are two types of anglers when it comes to food. There is the angler that stops fishing and lays out a full production to cook themselves a full blown meal, and then there is the snacker! I fall into the category of “the snacker”? It’s the easiest way to keep fishing and feed the beast of a belly after wading a few miles. So keep those waders and boots on, the rod rigged up and packs some of the snacks for easy grab and go. That way you have even more time on the water! Enjoy On The Water: Best Fishing Snacks
Here are the top 5 responses:
This should come as no surprise that the number one thing people enjoy taking on the river as a snack is Jerky. Here are a couple options mentioned.
- Old Trapper is in about every convenience and grocery store in the country. High quality and usually the best bang for your buck.
- Looking for thick, juicy, and bursting at the seams with flavor jerky? Then drop everything and go get a bag of Kirkland Signature Premium Extra Thick Steak Strips.
Another “no-brainer”, and the second highest If you have a Winco Foods near you, their bulk section of nuts and dried fruit is a great place to build your own trail mix snack pack!
- Any planters mixed packs will hit the spot and you can customize it to your taste buds. The Planters Trail Mix Spicy Nuts & Cajun Stick mix is a real treat!
- Whole Food’s 365 Double Feature Trail Mix contains almonds and cashews, along with sweetened sour cherries and milk chocolate peanut butter cups. The inclusion of sour cherries is rather unique when comparing different trail mixes, and they add a pleasantly tart note. Meanwhile, the chocolate peanut butter cups provide the perfect sweet and salty combination, enhanced by the other nuts.
Granola Bars (with a kick)
Why eat just a plain granola bar when you can amp it up with a little extra protein and whole food goodness. Here are some of the bars worth grabbing!
- Think a salted brownie, but better for you. RXBAR Chocolate Sea Salt bars are made with 100% chocolate, and a few other simple ingredients – egg whites for protein, dates to bind and nuts for texture. All topped with a sprinkle of crunchy sea salt, there’s a reason these decadent protein chocolate bars are our top sellers.
- Made with 12g protein and 25% bigger than an original KIND® bar, so there’s even more to enjoy.
Further down on the list than I thought it would be. But everyone knows sharing a cold beer in the summer while fishing is absolutely the best. A few of our favorites.
- IPA Lovers unite. You must try the Ferda DIPA from T.F. Brewery. It’s a higher percent beer and packs a “PUNCH”, but its crisp, light and full of flavor.
- Could you expect anything less from a fish shop located near the Uinta Mountains? We didn’t think so. Thats why Uinta Brewing made it on the list. With beers like the Cutthroat and 801. Easy summer sippers that you can share with all your fishy friends.
If you’ve got a sweet tooth and enjoying your jaws watering from some candy, here are a few on the water options that are easy to eat and share!
- M&M’S Pretzel Chocolate Candy. Made with real milk chocolate and a crunchy pretzel center, these sharing-size candy bags make splitting Pretzel M&M’S easy and fun!
- The best of both worlds as far a licorice goes. Some Red Vines Red & Black Licorice. If you don’t like black licorice it’s fine, we forgive you.
- Have you ever gotten a bag of gummy bears and each color taste the same? Well NOT these. Each color has a distinct flavor. Worth eating the whole bag? Maybe! Albanese Ultimate 8 Flavor Gummi Bears.
Some other noteworthy mentions:
PB&J – Connect with your inner child and since you’re now an adult you can wash what’s stuck to the roof of your mouth down with one of the refreshing beers listed above.
String Cheese, Cheese packs
Sour patch kids!
Apples & Other Fruit
Huge shout out to our Instagram friends for sending in responses and helping us spread the news on Mayne some new snacks worth trying! @daxwilsend, @wcdunn, @pierreduski, @jonnynorseman, @trailmix, @nymphhead, @gingerqueensadie, @theoldmaneverglades, @stealurfly, @ross.colligan, @current_fly_co, @bowersgotthepower, @samphillips3, @anthbick